What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in providing numerous information society services. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained. In addition, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies are those sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Suppose cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor. Still, a third party manages the information collected through them, and they cannot be considered own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for providing the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, ranging from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, making the process of purchasing an order, placing
The request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content to disseminate videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the configuration region from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to create browsing profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms to introduce improvements in the function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the management of advertising spaces in the most efficient way possible.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: they store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Deactivation and removal of cookies
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. Some of the available services may no longer be operational by disabling cookies. Disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the Help menu of the browser, where you can find instructions. For example, the user may choose which cookies he wants to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/en/privacy-and-security/how-to-manage-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be disabled in our systems. They are usually set to respond to actions made by you to receive services, such as adjusting your privacy preferences, logging in to the site, or filling out forms. For example, you can configure your browser to block or alert you to the presence of these cookies, but some parts of the website will not work. Unfortunately, these cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
|Cookies sub-group||Cookies||Used cookies|
These cookies allow the site to offer better functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or third parties whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some of our services will not work correctly.
These cookies may be throughout the website, placed by our advertising partners. These businesses may use them to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. They do not store personal information directly but are based on the unique identification of your browser and Internet access device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will have less targeted advertising.
|Cookies sub-group||Cookies||Used cookies|
VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, CONSENT, YSC